Use Adobe Launch with Genesys Predictive Engagement
When you use Adobe Launch to deploy the Genesys Predictive Engagement tracking snippet, Genesys Predictive Engagement tracks standard visitor journey events, including pageviews and form entries. You can also use Adobe Launch’s prebuilt extensions, rules, actions, events, and conditions to track other events that are specific to your webpage and business needs.
For more information about using Adobe Launch, see the Adobe Launch User Guide.
The Core extension is the default Adobe Launch extension. It contains default event types such as browser, form, keyboard, and page load. If necessary, you can install other extensions from the Adobe catalog (such as Facebook Pixel, and Google Analytics).
Following are the high-level steps for using the Genesys Predictive Engagement extension to deploy the tracking snippet to your website.
- In the Adobe Launch catalog, search for and install the Genesys Predictive Engagement extension.
- Provide your Genesys organization ID and your organization’s region; and then save your changes. For more information about your organization ID, see View organization settings.
- Create a rule:
- Add an event to the rule, select the Core extension, select the event type, and then save the event.
- Add an action to the rule, select the Genesys Predictive Engagement extension, and then select the Start Tracking (Website) or Start Tracking (SPA) action type. For more information about which type to use, see Types of tracking snippets.
ImportantYou can define an optional cookie prefix in the extension settings for your selected tracking snippet type.
- Save the action and then save the rule.
- To deploy the Genesys Predictive Engagement tracking snippet to your website, enable the rule and then publish it.
The following table describes the action types available in the Genesys Predictive Engagement extension.
|Send a Custom Web Event
|Sends a custom web event from the SDK to track web events on your website.
|Send a Web Event
|Sends a web event from the SDK to track web events on your website.
|Start Tracking (SPA)
|Starts tracking activity on Single Page Applications.
|Start Tracking (Website)
|Starts tracking activity on traditional websites.
|Stops tracking activity on SPAs or websites.
Rules define how Launch operates.
Each rule contains:
- An event that you want the rule to look for. For example, a visitor moves to another page on your website, presses a key, or scrolls on a page.
- Any conditions and exceptions for the event. For example, if the event occurs on a specific page or the event occurs after a certain amount of time passes.
- An action that you want the rule to take when the event occurs and its conditions are satisfied.
Configure a rule
Configure an action for the rule
This example shows how to use the Genesys Predictive Engagement extension to configure an action for the rule.
To run Adobe Launch in debug mode, add the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger extension.