Troubleshoot video chat
If you have issues with video chat, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your computer and system meet all the video chat requirements.
- Run the Troubleshoot Video Chat tool. (Genesys Cloud login required.)
Alternatively, you can run the Genesys Cloud WebRTC Diagnostics app.
For further troubleshooting, try the following:
For issues with… Try this… Camera
- Make sure that the camera is not turned off in the Genesys Cloud video toolbar.
- Make sure that a camera is connected.
- Use a different camera.
- Make sure that no other applications are using the camera.
- Make sure that the microphone is not on mute in the Genesys Cloud video toolbar.
- Make sure that the sound for your computer is not on mute or at a low volume.
- Make sure that a microphone is connected.
- Make sure that no other applications are using the microphone.
- Turn off your camera in the Genesys Cloud video toolbar.
Verify that you have set advanced microphone settings correctly for your environment. For more information, see Set Genesys Cloud sound level preferences.
- Disconnect from VPN.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
- Hang up and connect again.
- If these solutions do not work, then reload the app or contact your IT department.