Terminate a persistent connection on a PureCloud WebRTC phone
- Communicate – User default role
- A PureCloud WebRTC phone created for you by a telephony administrator
The persistent connection feature is designed to improve PureCloud’s ability to process subsequent calls. More specifically, when a call comes in to an agent, PureCloud establishes a connection to the agent’s PureCloud WebRTC phone and then passes the call to the agent. Once the call is complete and the agent hangs up, PureCloud terminates the call, but leaves the connection to the agent’s WebRTC phone intact.
However, if you want to terminate the persistent connection on a PureCloud WebRTC phone, you can do so. (After you terminate the persistent connection, the next time that an agent makes or receives a call, PureCloud re-establishes the persistent connection.)
- From the sidebar, select your profile picture to access user settings.
- Click the drop down arrow in the phone selector field.
- Click Disconnect Persistent Connection.