Not all campaigns are equal. When running multiple campaigns simultaneously with a common queue of agents, sometimes one campaign requires priority over another. 

Outbound dialing modes allow you to set the importance of a campaign relative to any others using the same group of agents.

Use the Priority setting to assign an integer between 1 and 5 inclusive, indicating the importance of this campaign relative to any others. 


The lowest priority is 1, with 5 being the highest. The default is 5.

The Priority setting helps outbound dialing determine how many calls to place for each campaign for each agent. Priority only works if the same agents are assigned to the two, or more, campaigns being prioritized.  

Campaign priority does not mean that a campaign with a higher priority always places calls before a campaign with lower priority. It only means it has a higher chance of placing a call for each agent, and over time has a larger share of the total calls placed.

Note: Changes to the Priority setting take effect immediately in a running campaign. Calls in the queue are not affected by changes in campaign priority, as campaign priority is only considered when placing calls.

How it works

Agents participate automatically in multiple campaigns by way of the queues they are active in. The same queue can be assigned to multiple campaigns, or the agent can be a member of multiple queues assigned to different campaigns. When an agent is active in multiple campaigns, each campaign generates interactions for that agent, based on the priority settings for each campaign to which the agent is attached.

The integers for each campaign assigned to an agent or queue convert to a percentage. Over time, more calls per agent are placed for higher priority campaigns, proportionally to each campaign’s priority number.

For example, an agent is assigned to two campaigns. The first campaign is set at a priority of 3 and the second campaign is set at a priority of 5. 

For power and predictive dialing, the priority values determine the percentage of time an agent is available for each assigned campaign. Based on these priorities, calls from the first campaign have a 37.5 percent chance of being placed, while calls from the second campaign have a 62.5 percent chance.

For preview, progressive, and external dialing, the priority values determine the weight each campaign is assigned when placing calls. Based on these priorities, the first campaign has a 37.5 percent chance of being chosen, while the second campaign has a 62.5 percent chance. Only one call or callback is placed for one campaign, instead of an agent being assigned and used in pacing calculations.

If campaigns have equal priority, the agent is either divided evenly (non-preview) or has an equal chance of being chosen for each campaign.