Platform configuration profiles overview
The following permissions:
- Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license.
- To create and modify messaging settings:
- Messaging > Setting > Add/Delete/Edit/View permission
- To update and assign a configuration profile to an Instagram Integration:
- Messaging > conversationInstagramIntegration > All permission
- To update and assign a configuration profile to an Open Messaging Integration:
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
Platform configurations are custom profiles that enable you to configure certain messaging settings and apply them to your platform integrations. Genesys Cloud allows you to enable or disable the following messaging settings for your Instagram Direct Messaging and Open Messaging integrations.
- Instagram story mentions and story replies are inbound messages that agents receive when the customer mentions the Instagram Business/Professional Account in their stories or replies to a story posted by the Instagram Business/Professional Account. Genesys Cloud enables story mentions and replies for all Instagram Direct Messaging integrations created in Genesys Cloud. If you do not want your agents to receive story mentions and replies in the Genesys Cloud Agent Workspace, you can create a custom platform configuration profile. You can then disable these message types and assign the profile to your Instagram integration.
- Open Messaging APIs support both inbound and outbound typing indicator events. The typing indicators are disabled by default for both inbound and outbound events. When you enable these indicators, developers can send inbound typing indicator events that notify agents in Genesys Cloud that the messaging user is typing a message. Also, developers can also send outbound typing indicators to notify the messaging user that the agent has started typing a message.
- The Agent Workspace receives and displays each inbound typing indicator event for a duration of 5 seconds. For outbound typing indicators, a maximum of one typing event is sent every 5 seconds.