Add or modify an external contact’s messaging channel information
During an interaction, you cannot modify the messaging channel information PureCloud captures and attaches to the external contact’s record. You can, however, use External Contacts to add or modify this information.
- To add or modify messaging channel information, click Directory > External Contacts.
- Use the Search for Contacts or Organizations box to find the external contact you want to edit.
- To open the external contact record, click the contact in the list.
- Click Edit Contact.
- In the Channels section, click Advanced.
- Click the tab for the messaging channel you want to modify.
- Make the changes.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
- Twitter users can change their handle names. If an External Contact sends a Twitter message with a modified Twitter handle, PureCloud prompts the agent and asks if the agent wants to update the External Contact record with the the new information. This functionality is only available in an open interaction.