Enable the User to User Information settings
You can use the User to User Information (UUI) settings to configure Genesys Cloud to send data along with outgoing calls. The system embeds UUI data in the SIP header of the outgoing call. An application on the receiving end of the call, intercepts the UUI data and then passes the call on to the recipient as normal.
When you are sending UUI data with outgoing calls, you usually specify the UUI data in either Architect or Scripter. Specifying UUI data in that manner is the dynamic method. However, if you want to send the exact same UUI data with every outgoing call (static method), you can enable the Static User Data setting. You then specify the static UUI data.
You can configure Genesys Cloud to use either one or both dynamic and static UUI data. If you use both, Genesys Cloud uses the following rules to determine which UUI data to send.
- If the dynamic UUI data and static UUI data each have a different header name, then Genesys Cloud sends both the dynamic and static UUI data.
- If the dynamic UUI data and static UUI data each have the same header name, then Genesys Cloud uses the Priority setting to determine which UUI data to send.
- If you select Low Priority, Genesys Cloud always sends the dynamic UUI data.
- If you select High Priority, Genesys Cloud always sends the static UUI data.
For more detail on the settings in the User to User Information (UUI) and Static User Data sections, see External trunk settings. For more information on creating dynamic UUI data in Architect or Scripter, see Set UUI Data action or Manage script properties.
To enable and configure UUI settings:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- From the list, select the trunk you want to configure.
- Under External Trunk Configuration, click Protocol.
- To send dynamic UUI data:
- Under User to User Information (UUI), set the UUI Passthrough switch to Enabled.
- Use the Type drop-down to choose the type of UUI header information you want to use.
- Use the Encoding Format drop-down to select the encoding format for the header.
- Note: Best practice is to specify an encoding format in your UUI header. If you do not specify an encoding format, Genesys Cloud assumes the Hex encoding format.
- In the Protocol Discriminator field, enter two-digit hexadecimal value to identify the protocol discriminator. Note: If you choose the X-User-To-User header type, the Protocol Discriminator field is not available.
- To send static UUI data:
- Under Static User Data, set the Static UUI switch to Enabled.
- In the Name field, type a header name.
- In the Value field, type the UUI data to place in the header using the appropriate format.
- Use the Priority drop-down to select the priority level that you want to assign to the static UUI data.
- Click Save External Trunk.