If you are using BYOC Premises and your SIP or proxy server supports the registration feature, then enabling registration and configuring the accompanying settings will allow the status to be updated in the event that the trunk becomes unavailable.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- From the list, select the trunk you want to configure.
- Set the Registration switch to Enabled.
- In the Expiration Interval field, enter the number of seconds that must elapse before the registration expires.
- Under Address of Record, choose one of the settings:
- To have an Address of Record automatically created, leave the Automatically generate from Edge Network Interface option selected.
- To create a custom Address of Record, select Custom and enter an address in the field.
- Click Save External Trunk.