Enable call draining
External trunk configuration
It is a Genesys Cloud best practice to enable call draining before taking an external trunk out of service. Call draining ensures that no new calls are allowed on the trunk, and all existing active calls are allowed to complete normally before taking the trunk completely out of service.
To enable call draining:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- From the list, select the trunk you want to configure.
- Under External Trunk Configuration, click General.
- Set the Call Draining switch to Enabled.
- Click Save External Trunk.