Deprecation: Salesforce data dip connector
|Announced on||Removal begins|
|August 1, 2017||August 1, 2018|
The Salesforce data dip connector integrates your interactive voice response (IVR) system with your customer relationship management (CRM) database. The connector retrieves information about accounts, cases, or contacts from your CRM, which you can then use to make routing decisions within your call flows in Architect.
On August 1, 2017, Genesys will do the following actions:
- No longer support new Salesforce data dip connector installations.
- Remove the Salesforce data dip connector documentation from the Resource Center.
On August 1, 2018, Genesys will do the following actions:
- No longer support existing Salesforce data dip connector configurations.
- Remove the feature from PureCloud.
What does this mean?
Between the announcement date and the feature removal date, Genesys will do the following actions:
- No longer address bugs or minor issues specific to the Salesforce data dip connector.
- Make a best effort to resolve any major breakage to functionality common to other PureCloud data dip connectors, but not specific to the Salesforce data dip connector.
Am I affected?
If your organization uses the Salesforce data dip connector and interaction flows in Architect that use bridge actions, then you are affected.
How can I prepare for the feature removal?
Install the Salesforce data actions integration and migrate your interaction flows in Architect from bridge actions to data actions. For more information, see About the Salesforce data actions integration.
What if I need help or have questions?
Contact My Support.