Deprecation: Documents for iOS and Android
|Announced on||Removal begins|
|February 22, 2017||May 24, 2017|
On February 22, 2017, Genesys will remove the Documents for iOS and Android apps from iTunes and the Google Play store. Users who have already downloaded Documents for iOS or Android can access files stored with PureCloud Documents on their mobile apps through May 24, 2017. After May 24, 2017, users can continue to access files stored with PureCloud Documents through the desktop or web. We are removing this feature to reduce maintenance, improve infrastructure, and improve the overall performance of the application.
Am I affected?
If you or anyone in your organization has downloaded and used the PureCloud Documents iOS or Android apps, then you are affected.
Will the apps still work? Will they still function to upload and access files?
Between February 22, 2017 and May 24, 2017:
- Users who have already downloaded Documents for iOS or Android will be able to access files stored with PureCloud Documents through the mobile apps.
- Genesys will no longer address bugs or minor issues in the Documents for iOS and Android apps.
- Genesys will continue to resolve any major security vulnerabilities.
After May 24, 2017:
- Genesys will not make any additions or changes to the PureCloud Documents iOS or Android apps.
- Access to files through Documents for iOS or Android will be limited or eliminated.
- Users can still access files stored in PureCloud Documents with the web or desktop apps.
How can I prepare for this deprecation?
Because all of your files will still be accessible through PureCloud Documents on the web or desktop apps, you may not need to do anything. If there are any files stored in PureCloud Documents that you need to access or store on your mobile device, then you need to access those files through the iOS or Android apps before May 24, 2017.
What if I need help or have questions?
Contact My Support.