Deprecation: PureCloud for Chrome (app and extension)
|August 1, 2018
|August 1, 2018
PureCloud for Chrome is a version of Genesys Cloud’s contact center services in Chrome that uses both an app and an extension. Genesys is replacing this integration with a newer PureCloud for Chrome that only uses an extension.
On August 1, 2018, Genesys will do the following actions:
- No longer support new installations that use both the app and older extension for PureCloud for Chrome.
- No longer support existing configurations that use both the app and older extension for PureCloud for Chrome.
- Remove the older PureCloud for Chrome documentation from the Resource Center.
What does this mean?
Between the announcement date and the feature removal date, Genesys will do the following actions:
- Deactivate the listing for the older PureCloud for Chrome app. Existing users will be prompted with instructions about installing the new extension-only PureCloud for Chrome integration.
- No longer address bugs or minor issues specific to the older PureCloud for Chrome integration.
Am I affected?
If your organization uses the older PureCloud for Chrome app and extension, then you are affected.
How can I prepare for the feature removal?
Install the new PureCloud for Chrome extension and then uninstall the older PureCloud for Chrome app and extension. When you install the new extension, the new extension migrates your configuration settings from the older PureCloud for Chrome app and extension. For more information, see Migrate to the new Genesys Cloud for Chrome.
What if I need help or have questions?
Contact My Support.