Delete someone from your organization
- Directory > User > Edit permission
Remove someone’s Genesys Cloud account if they leave the organization or were invited in error.
- If the user is in a custom division at the time of deletion, they move to the default Home division. Therefore, if the user is restored, they remain the Home division and must be manually moved to the custom division.
- A user account deleted through the GDPR API cannot be undeleted.
- When you delete a user from an organization, Genesys Cloud retains information about the deleted user, including email address, performance data, conversation history, chat history, files stored in documents, and voicemails. This data can be removed by using the GDPR API. Because of retained data, Genesys Cloud does not recommend reusing a deleted account or email address. For more information, see What happens when I delete a user’s account?
- The deleted user will not appear in a directory search, and active users will not be able to see the deleted user’s profile page or profile information.
To delete someone from your organization, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under People and Permissions, click People.
- Find the person with search or by paging through the user list.
- Click More .
- From the menu that appears, click Delete Person.
- In the Change State pane, select a reason for the state change.
- Click Save and refresh the page to see the changes.