Configure the Microsoft Teams integration
After you install a Microsoft Teams license, a Genesys Cloud administrator must add, configure, and grant access to the Microsoft Teams Genesys Cloud integration.
- To purchase a Microsoft Teams license, contact your Genesys Cloud sales representative for assistance.
For more information, see Are Microsoft Teams users who do not log in to Genesys Cloud billed?
- Integrations > Integration > All permission (included in the Master Admin role)
- Genesys Cloud configured with BYOC capabilities.
Before you add and configure the Microsoft Teams integration in Genesys Cloud, you must configure the following:
- A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunk to Teams Direct Routing via Session Border Controller (SBC). For more information, see the Microsoft Plan Direct Routing article. Configurations for SIP and SBC architecture are complex and customized to your requirements.
- Microsoft Azure tenant with administrator permissions to install apps in the Azure tenant. Install the Genesys Cloud for Azure application template from the Azure Active Directory Marketplace to your Azure tenant and configure SCIM as described here.
Set the following field mappings to ensure that the call transfers between Genesys Cloud and Microsoft Teams work as expected:
|Azure Active Directory field||SCIM field||Genesys Cloud field|
|telephoneNumber||phoneNumbers[type eq "microsoftteams"].value||UserProfile.contactInfo..phone_other..value.number|
|objectId||urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User:externalIds[authority eq "microsoftteams"].value|
- For more information about non-E.164 support for phone numbers, see Can I add a non-E.164 number to an internal contact?.
- Manually add the Microsoft Teams-specific SCIM attributes for all the new installs of the SCIM app.
The added field mappings display under Attribute Mappings.
Add the integration
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Add Integration.
- In the Search box, type Microsoft Teams.
- Locate the card titled Microsoft Teams integration.
- Click Install. Details about the integration appear.
To use the Microsoft Teams integration app and view badges, you must have the Microsoft Teams User and Employee roles, or any role with the Integration > microsoftTeams > View and Integration > unifiedCommunications > View permissions. For more information about assigning a role, see Assign roles, divisions, licenses, and add-ons.
Users with the Integration > unifiedCommunications > View permission can view the badges for integration users who have been populated via SCIM.
Users with the Integration > microsoftTeams > View permission can use the call transfer workflow to see the presence for integration users who have been populated via SCIM.
Enable Genesys Cloud for Teams app
To make requests to Microsoft Teams and Azure on behalf of your Genesys Cloud tenant, you must install a new app within Azure. You can either install the app from here or follow the instructions below to install the app by authenticating through Genesys Cloud. By authenticating as an Azure Administrator with Azure in the Genesys Cloud Teams external app for the first time, the new Genesys Cloud for Teams app is installed into your Azure tenant for all users.
Depending on how your Azure permissions are configured, your app users do not require authorization or request permissions for Genesys Cloud from Azure beyond this step:
- In Genesys Cloud, click the Apps icon.
- From the apps group, select Microsoft Teams.
- Sign in using your Azure credentials.
- Click Sign in to Microsoft.
Note: If you signed in to Genesys Cloud using Azure Active Directory SSO, the pop-up displays and disappears quickly, since your user has a valid Azure session in Genesys Cloud through single sign-on.
- Ensure that the Genesys Cloud Integration for Teams app with the application ID 728ece5a-0f26-4c43-9705-cea9debe3fb5 is installed in your tenant:
- Log into https://portal.azure.com/.
- Navigate to Azure > Active Directory > Enterprise Applications > All Applications.
- Search the list for the app.
- (Optional) Depending on the Azure tenant settings for installing applications, users can be prompted to accept the necessary permissions or request administrator approval for permissions from Azure when logging into the Teams External App integration in Genesys Cloud for the first time. To prevent users from being prompted for consent, an Azure administrator can grant consent on behalf of the Azure tenant by completing these steps:
Note: If an Azure administrator provides global tenant consent for these permissions when logging into the Microsoft Teams app in Genesys Cloud, users are not prompted to provide these permissions individually.
- Click Grant admin consent for your default directory.
- Click Accept. A confirmation modal appears in Azure.