Configure maximum call settings
External trunk and phone trunk configuration
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
You can limit or expand the maximum number of combined active inbound and outbound calls that are allowed on an external trunk or on a phone trunk.
On an external trunk, the Max Calls setting is a per trunk per Edge setting. For example, you can set Max Calls to 100 on a specific trunk on each of four Edges. This setup equals 400 max calls across your environment. On the other hand, setting Max Calls to 0 (zero) will configure the trunk to accept an unlimited number of calls.
For more information on external trunk settings, see the External trunk settings reference.
To configure the maximum call settings:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the appropriate tab: External Trunks or Phone Trunks.
- From the list, select the trunk you want to configure.
- Under the External Trunk Configuration or the Connection Configuration section, click General.
- In the Max Calls field, enter the maximum number of combined inbound and outbound active calls. Note: The WebRTC phone trunk does not have a Max Calls setting.
- In the Max Call Rate field, enter the average number of calls permitted per second.
- In the Max Dial Timeout field, enter the maximum delay allowed before an outgoing call attempt is aborted.
- Click Save External Trunk or Save Phone Trunk.