CIDR IP address range expansion for cloud media services in new regions
|June 21, 2023
|November 1, 2023
Genesys purchased an additional CIDR IP address range for use with Genesys Cloud media services. The address range supplements existing regions and covers future growth into new regions.
The new range of IP addresses that is generally available for both Core and Satellite regions is 22.214.171.124/20. This new range builds on the current ranges at 126.96.36.199/20 and 188.8.131.52/21.
What does this mean?
Genesys Cloud’s public-facing cloud media services will expand Genesys’s pool of public IP addresses. This expansion increases the existing CIDR range. The CIDR IP address range expansion allows for:
- More growth within existing regions.
- The addition of CIDR for the UAE, Osaka, Zurich, and Singapore regions.
- The ability to provide CIDR for new regions opening in 2023/2024.
- If you are planning to use these new Core and Satellite regions, you will want to add the CIDR IP ranges to your firewall allowlist and then run the Readiness check tests before November 1, 2023.
- Even if you do not plan on using the new Core and Satellite regions, Genesys still recommends adding the new CIDR ranges to your firewall allowlist as soon as possible to future proof your organization for the expansion of existing regions or creation of new ones. There is no need to run the Readiness check tests.
Am I affected?
You are affected if any of the following situations apply to you:
- Plan to use any of the new regions.
- Are using the GEO Lookup feature. For more information, see Configure your site for Global Media Fabric.
- Use firewall policies to restrict outbound connections from Genesys Cloud clients, phones, and Edge devices on their network to a limited list of destinations.
Network administrators can view detailed information on affected services, address, and ports, and perform the self-readiness checks provided in Cloud media services CIDR IP address range.
How can I prepare for this expansion?
To prepare for this expansion, modify your firewall policy to allow connections to the new range, in addition to the current Genesys CIDR ranges.
- New range: 184.108.40.206/20
- Current range: 220.127.116.11/20
- Current range: 18.104.22.168/21
The new IP address range has been added to the self-assessment tools, allowing you to test your readiness. For more information, see the Readiness check section of Cloud media services CIDR IP address range.
Are there any new services that fall under the Genesys CIDR block?
Yes. Genesys is working on implementing a set of REST APIs to add to the list of Genesys Cloud Services that benefit from the addition of the CIDR IP address blocks. For more information, see the Genesys Cloud Services section of Cloud media services CIDR IP address range.
What if I need help or have questions?
Contact your Genesys Technical Account Manager or your Customer Success Manager. You can also contact My Support.