Add a webhook integration
- Integrations > Integration permission assigned to any Genesys Cloud user role or Genesys Cloud admin role.
- You must be a member of owners-only or members-only Genesys Cloud groups to administer chat notifications (webhooks) to those groups. Ask the owners of those groups to add you as a member and then remove you when the configuration is completed. Note: You can administer notifications to public groups without being a member.
A chat notification (webhook) configuration in Genesys Cloud consists of a series of mappings. Each mapping specifies:
- Filters that define an event
- Chat groups to receive the notifications
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- At the top right, click Integrations.
- Find the chat notifications integration that you want to add and click Install.
- Click the Mappings tab.
- Click New Mapping.
Specify notification settings for the mapping:
For this… Do this… Name Give the mapping a name. Chat Targets
Specify which chat groups should receive the notifications:
- Begin typing a group name and click to add it.
- Continue adding as many groups as needed.
Specify one or more events to send notifications about:
- Specify the filter type by selecting from the Select a Filter drop-down menu.
- In the Value field, enter the matching value that triggers a notification. Matching is exact.
- Add more filters to narrow the scope of the notifications by clicking Add Filter.
- Click Save.
- Add more mappings as needed. Click New Mapping and repeat the previous steps.
- Click the Details tab and copy the URL(s). This URL is required to complete the chat notifications integration setup.
Click Configuration documentation to open the Resource Center article for the selected chat notification integration.
Follow the steps to complete the setup.
- Why can’t I find the chat group to receive webhook notifications?
- Why do some webhook notifications not show up in my target chat rooms?