Add Salesforce as a single sign-on provider
- Single Sign-on > Provider > Add, Delete, Edit, View permissions
- Admin role in your organization’s Salesforce account
- Salesforce enabled as an identity provider
- Salesforce domain deployed to all users
- User email addresses are the same in both Salesforce and Genesys Cloud
Add Genesys Cloud as an application that organization members can access with the credentials to their Salesforce account.
- Genesys Cloud does not support assertion encryption for single sign-on third-party identity providers. The Genesys Cloud log in service requires Transport Layer Security (TLS). Since the channel is encrypted, there is no need to encrypt parts of the message.
- Administrators can optionally disable the default Genesys Cloud login and enforce authentication using an SSO provider only. For more information, see Configure Genesys Cloud to authenticate with SSO only.
Troubleshoot errors using the Identity Provider Event Log.
In the Apps menu, create a Connected App for Genesys Cloud.
In the Connected Apps menu, enter the following settings in the Connected App for Genesys Cloud:
In this field… Enter this… Entity Id Your Salesforce domain name (https://
ACS URL The AWS region where your Genesys Cloud organization is located:
US East (N. Virginia):
US West (Oregon):
https://login.usw2.pure.cloud/samlCanada (Canada Central):
Asia Pacific (Seoul):
Asia Pacific (Sydney):
Asia Pacific (Tokyo):
Subject Type Username Issuer Your Salesforce domain name (https://
Name ID Format urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:transient
Gather the following data from the app page:
To get this… Do this… Certificate
- Click Download Metadata.
- Copy the text inside the
ds:X509Certificateelement and save it in a text file. The certificate must contain only the Base64-encoded certificate bytes (without the PEM encoding).
Issuer URI Copy the Issuer value. Target URI Copy the value labeled SP-Initiated Redirect Endpoint.
- Provide Salesforce users with access to the Connected App for Genesys Cloud.
- In Manage Users > Users, click Edit on a user.
- Click the user’s profile type, for example, Sales, Services, or Administrator to open the profile page.
- Under Connected App Access, click the Connected App for Genesys Cloud.
Genesys Cloud will act on the following SAML attributes if they are present in the assertion. The attributes are case-sensitive.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|Email address of the Genesys Cloud user to be authenticated.
(Optional). A valid URL for the browser to be redirected to after successful authentication, or one of the following keywords:
Configure Genesys Cloud
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Single Sign-on.
- Click the Salesforce tab.
Enter the information gathered from Salesforce.
In this field… Do this… Certificate
- Click Browse.
- Select the text file that contains the certificate data from the metadata file and click Open.
Issuer URI Enter your Salesforce domain name (https://
Target URI Enter the URL labeled SP-Initiated Redirect Endpoint in the Salesforce app page.
- Click Save.