Add Google G Suite as a single sign-on provider
- Sso > Provider > Add, Delete, Edit, View permissions
- Admin role in your organization’s Google G Suite account
- User email addresses are the same in both Google G Suite and PureCloud
Add PureCloud as an application that organization members can access with the credentials to their Google G Suite account.
- PureCloud does not support assertion encryption for single sign-on third-party identity providers. The PureCloud log in service requires Transport Layer Security (TLS). Since the channel is encrypted, there is no need to encrypt parts of the message.
- Administrators can optionally disable the default PureCloud login and enforce authentication using an SSO provider only. For more information, see Configure PureCloud to authenticate with SSO only.
Configure Google G Suite
Create a custom PureCloud application
- In the Admin console, click Google > Apps > SAML.
- Click (+) in the bottom right corner.
- In Step 1 Enable SSO for SAML Application, click Setup my own custom app.
- In Step 2 Google IdP Information, complete the following fields. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… SSO URL Copy and save this URL to use as the Target URI in the PureCloud configuration. Entity ID Copy and save this URL to use as the Issuer URI in the PureCloud configuration. Certificate Download the certificate.
- In Step 3 Basic Information for your Custom App, following field. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… Application Name Type your PureCloud application name.
- In Step 4 Service Provider Details, complete the following fields. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… ACS URL Type the URL for the AWS region where your PureCloud organization is located:
US East (N. Virginia):
US West (Oregon):
Asia Pacific (Sydney):
Asia Pacific (Tokyo):
Entity ID Type a unique string that you want to use to identify the Entity ID, for example:
Name ID Format From the list, select TRANSIENT.
- In Step 5 Attribute Mapping, leave the default settings.
- Click Finish.
Get the certificate for PureCloud configuration
- Open the certificate file you downloaded with a plain text editor and do the following steps:
- Delete the
- Save the certificate file.
- Delete the
- In PureCloud, click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Single Sign-on.
- Click the Google G Suite tab.
- Type the identity provider metadata gathered from Google G Suite.
In this field… Do this… Certificate
1. Click Browse.
2. Select the certificate you saved and click Open.
Type the Entity ID from Step 2 Google IDP Information in the Google G Suite PureCloud custom application, for example:
Type the SSO URL from Step 2 Google IDP Information in the Google G Suite PureCloud custom application, for example:
Relying Party Identifier Type the Entity ID from Step 4 Service Provider Details in the Google G Suite PureCloud custom application, for example:
mypurecloud.com/googleNote: The Entity ID in Google IDP Information and the Entity ID in the Service Provider Details for your PureCloud application have different values and functionality.
- Click Save.