Add Google Workspace as a single sign-on provider
- Single Sign-on > Provider > Add, Delete, Edit, View permissions
- Admin role in your organization’s Google Workspace account
- User email addresses are the same in both Google Workspace and Genesys Cloud
Add Genesys Cloud as an application that organization members can access with the credentials to their Google Workspace account.
- Genesys Cloud does not support assertion encryption for single sign-on third-party identity providers. The Genesys Cloud log in service requires Transport Layer Security (TLS). Since the channel is encrypted, there is no need to encrypt parts of the message.
- Administrators can optionally disable the default Genesys Cloud login and enforce authentication using an SSO provider only. For more information, see Configure Genesys Cloud to authenticate with SSO only.
- Google Workspace does not support automatic logout of SSO provider.
- The Google Workspace SSO integration does not work with third-party applications, including Chromium-based apps.
- Administrators can choose to store one additional certificate to ensure business continuity. If one certificate becomes invalid or expires, the backup certificate will preserve the integration.
Configure Google Workspace
Create a custom Genesys Cloud application
- In the Admin console, click Google > Apps > SAML.
- Click (+) in the bottom right corner.
- In Step 1 Enable SSO for SAML Application, click Setup my own custom app.
- In Step 2 Google IdP Information, complete the following fields. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… SSO URL Copy and save this URL to use as the Target URI in the Genesys Cloud configuration. Entity ID Copy and save this URL to use as the Issuer URI in the Genesys Cloud configuration. Certificate Download the certificate.
- In Step 3 Basic Information for your Custom App, following field. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… Application Name Type your Genesys Cloud application name.
- In Step 4 Service Provider Details, complete the following fields. Leave the remaining field blank or at the default settings.
In this field… Do this… ACS URL
Type the URL for the AWS region where your Genesys Cloud organization is located:
US East (N. Virginia):
US West (Oregon):
https://login.usw2.pure.cloud/samlCanada (Canada Central):
Asia Pacific (Mumbai)
Asia Pacific (Seoul):
Asia Pacific (Sydney):
Asia Pacific (Tokyo):
Entity ID Type a unique string that you want to use to identify the Entity ID, for example:
Name ID Format From the list, select TRANSIENT.
- In Step 5 Attribute Mapping, leave the default settings.
- Click Finish.
Genesys Cloud will act on the following SAML attributes if they are present in the assertion. The attributes are case-sensitive.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|Email address of the Genesys Cloud user to be authenticated.
(Optional). A valid URL for the browser to be redirected to after successful authentication, or one of the following keywords:
Configure Genesys Cloud
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Single Sign-on.
- Click the Google G Suite tab.
- Type the identity provider metadata gathered from Google Workspace.
In this field… Do this… Certificate
1. Click Browse.
2. Select the certificate you saved and click Open.
3. Click Add .
4. Optionally, to load a backup certificate, repeat steps 1-3.
Type the Entity ID from Step 2 Google IDP Information in the Google Workspace Genesys Cloud custom application, for example:
Type the SSO URL from Step 2 Google IDP Information in the Google Workspace Genesys Cloud custom application, for example:
Relying Party Identifier Type the Entity ID from Step 4 Service Provider Details in the Google Workspace Genesys Cloud custom application, for example:
Note: The Entity ID in Google IDP Information and the Entity ID in the Service Provider Details for your Genesys Cloud application have different values and functionality.
- Click Save.