April 13, 2016
New features and functionality
- Public API Version 2.0
Version 2.0 of the PureCloud Platform Public API is now available. You can access the documentation in the Developer Center. Highlights include:
- User data model was updated to work with directory api with additional expand query parameters.
- Collaborate search is now available from /search.
- Rate limiting is now limited by 900 requests over a 1 minute period. Related HTTP response headers are inin-ratelimit-allowed, inin-ratelimit-count, and inin-ratelimit-reset.
- Error codes must be specified in the API so they appear in documentation.
- SelfUri’s are absolute-path references (no longer contain the host). For example: /api/v2/users/me.
- All login resources were removed. Use OAuth 2.0 flows instead of /login or /auth/sessions.
- The /sessions resources were removed.
- Authentication tokens are only accepted using the HTTP header ‘Authorization: bearer <token>’.
- Default request timeout is now 10 seconds.
We strongly encourage API consumers to migrate to Version 2.0 as soon as possible. Support for Version 1.0 ends within 6 to 12 months. You will receive additional information on Version 1.0 support in the coming months.
- Improved fault tolerance.
- Improved throughput and stability.
- Improved cloud connection stability.
- Added data transmission error detection.
- Resolved an issue reconnecting with PureCloud.
- Resolved a resource leak when connections to PureCloud fail.