Genesys Cloud for Windows desktop app release notes
View a summary of the improvements and fixes in the latest Windows desktop app version.
If you have not already done so, download and install the Windows desktop app. Once installed, the Windows desktop app notifies you when a new version is available and prompts you to refresh or install it. To confirm the current installed version, click the Genesys Cloud icon in the menu bar and select Check for Updates. Upgrade to the latest version if needed.
- Updated to Chromium 93.
- Resolved issue that caused an error notification on a successful voicemail download.
- Updated to Chromium 92.
- Updated to Chromium 91.
- Updated to Chromium 90.
- Resolved issue that caused presence to stay ‘Away’ when returning from screen sleep.
- Added Russian (ru-ru) language support.
- Updated to Chromium 89.
- Resolved issue that caused the application’s user agent to report an incorrect operating system when running Windows 10.
- Resolved issue that caused spellcheck to stop functioning.
The application now delays Jabra library initialization to resolve Jabra headset issues.
Resolved issue that caused screen capture to fail in some cases when the user has an external monitor.
- Updated to Chromium 88.
- Updated to Chromium 87.
- Added a workaround to resolve issue that causes the desktop app to close unexpectedly when auto-launched while a Jabra headset is attached.
- Added Czech (cs-CZ) language support.
- Updated to Chromium 86.
- Updated the cache path name to reflect the new Genesys Cloud rebranding.
- Updated to Jabra Library 126.96.36.199.
- Resolved issue that caused audio device profiles to work incorrectly.
- The desktop app name changed from PureCloud to Genesys Cloud.
- Following the version update installation, users will see the changed application name.
- For organizations that deploy the desktop app to users, note that the installation path and executable names have changed. Registry locations and keys have not changed. For more information, see Deploy the desktop app (admin).
- Updated to Chromium 85.
- Updated the desktop app release notes link to reflect the new Genesys Cloud branding.
- Resolved Jabra headset issue that caused the desktop app to close unexpectedly.
- Resolved issue that caused the desktop to close unexpectedly when the system makes a geolocation request.
Resolved issue that caused the desktop app to close unexpectedly when the user navigates between groups.
- Resolved issue that caused some iframe-embedded applications to fail.
- Resolved time zone setting issue due to daylight saving time change in Brazil.
- Updated to Chromium 78.
- Updated desktop app download page to reflect new Genesys Cloud color scheme.
- Enhancements to QOS for WebRTC.
- Updated to Chromium 75.
- Added Ctrl-F5 shortcut to reload ignoring cache.
- Added support for direct specification of proxy server.
- Internal change to support future AWS regions.
- Fixed format of published date in appcast update file.
- Improved compatibility with additional Jabra devices.
- Signed the application with the new Genesys certificate.
- Updated to Jabra SDK 188.8.131.52 to improve stability.
- Resolved issue where downloaded reports with non-English characters fail to open in the Windows desktop app.
- Resolved issue where a previous session of the Windows desktop app resumes after logout under certain conditions.
Resolved issue where logged out users were automatically logged back in when they reopened the Windows desktop app.
- Addresses instability issues found in version 1.13.524.
- Improves stability by reverting to the previous Jabra DLL version.
- Improved support for Windows Server.
- Improved Jabra headset performance.
- Updated to Chromium 69.