How do Genesys Cloud services provide customer data security?
The Genesys Cloud suite of products are built on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS provides an impressive security and compliance portfolio with their cloud services, but Genesys Cloud doesn’t stop with just those core services.
- Genesys Cloud uses Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure all connections to browsers, mobile apps, and other components bi-directionally with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Genesys Cloud makes it easy to encrypt voice traffic with TLS Session Initiation Protocol ((SIP) signaling) and Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) (IP voice).
- Call recordings are encrypted at rest. For more information, see Recording encryption key overview.
- S3 buckets for content management and other sensitive data stores provide encryption at rest.
- Extensive use of ephemeral storage for databases removes the potential for compromised data from stolen or lost hard drives.
- Backups are encrypted in transit and at rest.