Does Genesys Cloud Voice E911 support Kari’s Law?
Yes, as long as you have these three things in place:
- Security desk phone number
- Security desk email address
- The physical location address
You configure the physical location address in the Location Details page. To configure these settings and ensure your Genesys Cloud Voice implementation is compliant with Kari’s Law (USA only), send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com and provide the following information:
- Summary of your request
- Your OrgID
- Security desk phone number based on the North American Number Plan (xxx-xxx-xxxx). Only one phone number is allowed.
- Street address – this is only applicable for US addresses. Security desk routing is not supported for CA addresses.
Note: The street address, city, state and zip code should be exactly as it is configured in the Admin UI for this location.
- Zip code
- Optional email and/or email as text notification list of addresses to notify in case of emergency (for example email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or carrier addresses such as AT&T: email@example.com (SMS), T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), Verizon: email@example.com (SMS))
For BYOC sites, check with your carrier.