Can I flush queued audio sooner than flow termination or the next request for user input?
VXML’s queue-based architecture for playing audio is efficient and also key to supporting smooth concatenative audio. However, if you encounter a case that requires you to flush queued audio sooner than waiting on flow termination or the next request for user input, follow these steps:
- Add a Collect Input action to the location in the flow where you want the system to flush the audio.
- Set the No Entry Timeout to one second, the lowest possible value.
- Click the Change to Exact link, and then set the Number of Digits to 1.
- Leave the Input Audio unchanged. The default is empty.
- Specify a variable name for the Input Data Name.
- Leave the Inter-Digit Timeout unchanged.
Note: This process causes a one-second delay to occur after the audio plays. In a future release, the process to flush audio manually will improve, and the one-second delay will no longer apply.