Troubleshoot prompt preview
Cannot preview prompt audio in the browser.
In Architect, audio prompt playback is dependent on your browser and browser settings. Depending on the application your browser uses for audio playback, you may not be able to preview prompt audio for a language. Audio for prompt resources is stored as 8 bit mu-law on the server.
To resolve this problem, configure the browser settings to use an audio playback application capable of playing 8 bit mu-law audio files. For example, in Firefox, when QuickTime is set as the default audio playback application, you may be unable to preview prompt audio. If this happens, you can:
- Change the Firefox wav file playback settings to a compatible default player.
- Select to download and save the wav file when you attempt to preview it, allowing you to open it in a compatible audio player of your choice.
Set .wav file playback options in Firefox if audio playback isn’t working
- In the Firefox browser, open the Firefox menu and select Options.
- In the Options menu, select the Applications tab.
- In the Content Type column, locate and select audio/x-wav.
- In the Action column for audio/x-wav, click the default action’s drop-down list and do one of the following:
- If you have an application that can play 8-bit mu-law files (for example, VLC), select the player from the drop-down list. Going forward, the audio will automatically play in the selected player–you will not have to automatically open it.
- If you prefer to download the audio file each time and open it in the application of your choice, from the drop-down list select Save File.
- Click OK.