WhatsApp Embedded Signup Self-service Onboarding overview
With the Genesys Cloud Embedded Signup, you can onboard customers directly to the WhatsApp Business Platform directly within Genesys Cloud. The onboarding flow is embedded and integrated as part of the Genesys Cloud Messaging Platform. This self-service onboarding enables an easy signup experience and effectively automates key processes and removes the current process of filling out application forms and going through manual onboarding.
The Embedded Signup features enables:
- Significant acceleration of onboarding, making it easier for you to scale with the WhatsApp Business Platform.
- Reduced onboarding time from days to minutes. The new onboarding process combines multiple steps to a single flow. It connects your Meta Business Manager accounts and WhatsApp Business Accounts (WABAs) to Genesys Cloud, and verifies and registers your phone numbers.
- Create and own your own WABAs and share access to it directly with Genesys Cloud as part of the signup flow. This new process is unlike the current process, where Genesys creates and manages WABAs on-behalf-of customers.
- After signup and activation of your first WhatsApp number, you can log in into your Meta/FB Business Manager to access your WABAs, and have complete control of the following WhatsApp assets:
- Phone Numbers (including the WhatsApp Business Profile for each number)
- Message Links and QR Codes related with each phone number
- Message Templates
- WhatsApp Insights Data/Reports
You need not rely on Genesys Cloud to perform operational tasks such as requesting QR Codes, making WhatsApp business profile updates, or getting new Message Templates approved from WhatsApp. Self-service these tasks from the Meta Business Manager without Genesys Cloud intervention.
- All WhatsApp customers who wish to activate new WhatsApp numbers or re-integrate existing numbers that were already activated using the manual onboarding process before must use Embedded Signup flow. This includes customers whose WABAs are managed by Genesys today, and who are migrating to new Embedded WABAs, which they will own and manage moving forward.
- If you are an existing customer with already-registered, active WhatsApp numbers as part of your Genesys-managed WABA, Genesys will continue to manage this WABA for you in the interim, which includes tasks such as managing your WhatsApp Business profiles, message templates, QR codes, Official Business Account requests, etc. However, Genesys strongly recommends that you migrate you existing numbers to an Embedded WABA at the earliest as we are no longer accepting requests to add new numbers or migrate numbers to your old WABA. Please email GenesysCloudWhatsAppRequests@genesys.com to request a copy of the WhatsApp Migration Guide for Embedded WABAs.
- When you step through the onboarding process via Genesys Cloud for the first time (whether as a new or existing customer), you must create a new WABA, create a new WhatsApp Business Profile and add/activate your number. After you have used the onboarding flow once, any additional WhatsApp numbers that you add/activate thereafter can either be added to the previously created WABA, or as part of a new WABA. There is no limit to the number of WABAs you can create. For more information on how to proceed with the self-service onboarding, see Work with Embedded signup flow.
- Customers who migrate WhatsApp numbers from another provider to Genesys must also first create a new WABA using the Embedded Signup, and activate at least one new phone number, prior to migrating existing numbers.
- Please email GenesysCloudWhatsAppRequests@genesys.com to request a copy of the WhatsApp Migration Guide for Embedded WABAs.
- Templates that you create and approve as part of the previous Genesys-managed WABA do not automatically migrate to the new Embedded Signup-based WABA until you migrate at least one phone number from the previous WABA to the new. Until then, if you must use WhatsApp templates for any numbers that you activate in the new WABA, manually create the templates in the new WABA, and then add the templates in Genesys Cloud. Follow the standard Genesys Cloud instructions for Add a WhatsApp template message and Use a WhatsApp template message.
- For more information about how to manage your WhatsApp business profiles/phone numbers, create message templates, QR codes, and submit OBA requests, see Manage a WhatsApp business account.
- Genesys continues to manage the billing process for customers. As part of the Embedded Signup Flow, Genesys is responsible for sharing the Genesys line of credit with your WABA and continues to invoice you for any pass-through charges that come from WhatsApp. For more information about WhatsApp pricing see Messaging Pricing.