Gather console logs on Firefox
When problems occur, console and network logs provide visibility into the actions and events on an agent’s computer. When combined with Cloud-side logging, browser logs (console logs and network logs) provide Customer Care with a full picture of an issue. Troubleshooting issues without complete information can be difficult, if not impossible.
The method to get a console log on Mac and Windows is the same:
- In Firefox, click > More Tools > Web Developer Tools. The web console appears.
- With the Console tab selected, click and select Persist Logs.
- Click again and select Show timestamps.
- Leave the console open and perform the steps that reproduce the issue.
- Select and copy the console log text.
- Paste the log into a plain text file.
- Upload the file to the support ticket along with any other requested information. Use My Support to open and manage your support cases.