Create a BYOC Premises Edge group with a phone trunk
A BYOC Premises Edge group is a set of premises-based Edge devices that are directly connected to one another over a high-bandwidth and low-latency network. The purpose of an Edge group is to allow all Edges in the group to access and share trunks connected to other Edges in the Edge group.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Edge Groups.
- Select Create New. The Create Edge Group page appears.
- In the Edge Group Name box, enter a name.
- Under Phone Trunks, click Select Phone Trunk, and select your WebRTC or SIP phone trunk.
- Select Save Edge Group.Note: By default, the Edge is set to inherit the trunks you select for the Edge Group when you add the Edge group to the Edge. To confirm the setting, navigate to the Admin > Telephony > Edges, click the Network Interfaces tab and under the Phone Trunks section, confirm Inherit from Edge Group is selected.
Note: For advanced telephony configuration, you can also add the phone trunk directly to an individual Edge. Navigate to the Admin > Telephony > Edges, click the Network Interfaces tab and under the Phone Trunks section, click Use the following trunks and click in the Select Phone Trunk field to locate the trunk.