Check sharing settings for failed email routing request
In Salesforce, the default organization-wide sharing settings for both internal and external access to Genesys Cloud objects is Private . When an authenticated external user, such as a community user, creates an email or case and the sharing settings is Private, the routing of the Salesforce email or case fails with an error message similar to the following:
queueId or flowId must be provided
The system cannot access the
flowId because the flow referencing these attributes did not have access to the objects that store these IDs. An external user cannot access these objects. Access to the Genesys Cloud objects such as, queues and flows are blocked to the user because of the sharing settings.
Salesforce provides the option to control the access to data at many different levels based on user profiles and account types. The sharing settings to external access must be set to Public Read Only. This setting ensures that all the records created for the specific account type are accessible to all users. In Salesforce, to set the sharing settings access to Public Read Only or Public Read/Write for Genesys Cloud queues and entities, complete these steps:
- From Setup, search for sharing settings in the Quick Find Box and select Sharing Settings.
- Under the Organization-Wide Defaults section, click Edit.
- For each Genesys Cloud object, select the default external access to use.
- Public Read Only – All users can view all records for the object.
- Public Read/Write – All users can view and edit all records for the object.
- Private – Only users who are granted access to the specific account type.
- Click Save.
For more information about the integration, see About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce.