Add a Decision element to a task
Add a Decision element to a task to make the process branch, depending on whether or not a condition is true. A Decision action analyzes information about a call and branches the flow based on the result. Your call flow design dictates how and when you use this action.
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow’s configuration page opens.
- Select the task and click Click to open. The task editor opens.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Logical category and drag the Decision action to the desired location in your task.Continue building the task per your call flow design.
- In the Decision action’s design form, in the Name field add a meaningful title for the action.
- In the Expression field, do one of the following:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the True or False radio button.
- To set the value using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build the expression.Note: If you set the decision expression in literal mode, the action will always take the path you specify. However, both paths must reach a terminating action before Architect considers it a valid task.
- Continue building the task per your call flow design.