Add a bundle of digital channels to your subscription
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II or Genesys Cloud CX 1 license
One of the following Billing permissions:
- Billing > All Permissions
- Billing > Subscription > Add
- Billing > Subscription > View
Upgrade your subscription to include extra digital channels. Genesys offers upgrades that allow individual users to gain access to digital channels included in Genesys Cloud CX 2 and Genesys Cloud CX 3.
You can add access to email, chat, and all messaging channels (Genesys Cloud web messaging, third-party messaging, SMS messaging, and open messaging) with Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Upgrade II.
To upgrade to new channels, an administrator first applies the capabilities to their organization through a subscription upgrade, then assigns the upgrade to the users who handle the new channels.
Existing Genesys direct customers can add the Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II in the Genesys Add Ons area.
To add digital channels to your subscription, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Account settings, click Genesys Add Ons. The Genesys Add Ons page appears.
- In the Digital Channels tile, click Activate. The Activate dialog box appears.
- Select the I accept the Genesys Terms of Service check box.
- Click Activate.
Access to SMS & messaging
- If you acquired a Genesys Cloud CX 2 subscription after February, 2022, then you have access to SMS and messaging by default.
- Genesys Cloud CX 2 users who do not have access to SMS and messaging can activate the SMS & Messaging add-on. Note: SMS and social messaging have usage-based charges and therefore usage of these capabilities generate billable charges.
- Direct customers can activate SMS & Messaging through the Admin > Genesys Add-ons page.
- Indirect customers can work with their partner to activate SMS & Messaging. The partner must submit a zero dollar upgrade add-on for Genesys Cloud 2 User Digital Upgrade I. When the order is processed, these capabilities are immediately enabled in the customer’s org.
While Genesys Cloud sets up your service and updates your billing, a progress spinner appears. When the process completes, your new services are ready to apply to users. For more information, see Assign roles, divisions, licenses, and add-ons.
|Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II||50.00||55.00||65.00||70.00||35.00||40.00||200.00||6,000.00||710.00|
|Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II Concurrent||70.00||77.00||91.00||98.00||49.00||56.00||280.00||8,400.00||994.00|
For more information about volume discounts, contact your designated Customer Success Manager.
|June 05, 2023||
Updated the prerequisites section for relevant license names.
|October 11, 2022||
Clarified that users with a Genesys Cloud CX 2 subscription after February, 2022 have access to SMS and messaging by default.
|February 23, 2022||
The following changes are made to this article based on the offer and pricing updates:
|July 15, 2020||
Reduction in price for Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II Concurrent, Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I, and Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I Concurrent.
|April 8, 2020||