About journey shaping with sessions and events
An action represents the steps to take to engage with visitors or to further related business outcomes.
As a business, you want to collect data about all the ways in which a customer interacts with your company, along with the outcomes of those interactions. Genesys Predictive Engagement captures this information as sessions and events.
You can analyze this data to acquire business intelligence, develop a unified view of the customer, improve agent and bot performance, deflect calls, improve customer satisfaction, and improve business outcomes.
Genesys Predictive Engagement allows agents to view the complete history of web-based interactions that customers have with your website. We verify contacts when web sessions begin and track specific types of web events.
- How we verify contacts on your website
- Web session type
- Web session events
- Customize how agents view web events
- Capture custom website events with one of the following:
- If you deployed the tracking snippet to your website, see ac('record')
- If you deployed the messenger snippet to your website, see Journey.record
Event types are templates of attributes that you capture for events. You can view the available event types and configure how specific instances of events appear to agents.