Gather network logs in Safari
Genesys Cloud Customer Care uses console network logs, also called network logs, to troubleshoot and diagnose various problems.
The network log helps diagnose WebRTC issues. In addition, it helps with call control issues.
When problems occur, console and network logs provide visibility into the actions and events on an agent’s computer. When combined with Cloud-side logging, browser logs (console logs and network logs) provide Customer Care with a full picture of an issue. Troubleshooting issues without complete information can be difficult, if not impossible.
To get a network log with Genesys Cloud running on Safari, follow these steps:
- Click Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar check box. Safari adds the Develop menu to the browser.
- Close Safari Preferences.
- Click the Network tab.
- Leave the console open and reproduce the issue.
- After you reproduce the issue, right-click on any line on the right and select Export as HAR.
- Save the file.Note: If you copy or move log files soon after saving, they can break. Ensure to wait for the data transfer to complete after saving the file and then, move the file to a different location or upload the file to the Support ticket.
- Upload this file to your Support ticket along with any other requested info. Use My Support to open and manage your support cases.Note: Ensure to redact or scrub user passwords from the HAR files that you upload, if relevant. If necessary, you can ensure that users change their passwords after the logs have been captured.