FAQ: Why is an email routed from a queue to an agent no longer in that queue?
For emails, Genesys Cloud routes the interaction to the previous agent if the agent is on-queue, even if the agent is no longer activate in the queue from which the email routed.
- A customer sends an email to the Technical Support queue.
- ACD email routes the email to Agent A in the Technical Support queue.
- Agent A replies to the original email.
- Agent A moves from the Technical Support queue and into the Escalated Support queue.
- The customer responds to Agent A’s reply.
- Agent A, while in the Escalated Support queue, receives the email from the Technical Support queue.