Work with Embedded Signup Flow
- Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
The following permissions:
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- Login credentials for customer’s Meta/FaceBook business manager
- If you don’t have a Meta/FaceBook Business Manager Account, see Create a Business Manager for instructions on how to create an account.
- The brand that interacts with WhatsApp users owns the business manager account. A business manager that a partner, integrator, or ad agency owns is not accepted for customers. The customer when setting up the WhatsApp Integration in Genesys Cloud must be able to log in to the Meta/FaceBook business manager. Post that can step through the Embedded Signup Flow to connect the relevant Meta Business Accounts and WhatsApp Business Accounts.
- Valid phone numbers you want to register on the WhatsApp Business Platform along with the WhatsApp display names that you want to use for each number that you are registering. The phone number for your business must meet the following criteria:
- Owned by the business,
- Has a country and area code, such as landline, mobile numbers, or toll-free numbers,
- Able to receive voice calls or SMS,
- Not a short code, and
- Not currently used with the WhatsApp Business Platform or the WhatsApp Messenger/Consumer app, or the WhatsApp Business App.
You can use the Embedded Signup Flow to set up a new WhatsApp Messenger Integration. To set up a new WhatsApp Messenger integration, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Platforms view by clicking Admin > Message > Platforms.
- Click Create New Integration.
- Click WhatsApp Messenger.
- In the WhatsApp Authorization dialog box, click Confirm.
To log in to the Meta/FaceBook business manager, perform the following steps:
- In the WhatsApp Messenger page, click FaceBook Login. If you do not see the Facebook Login button, send an email to GenesysCloudWhatsAppRequests@genesys.com with your Genesys Cloud Org Name/ID and Region. Once this button is available, you can proceed to the next step.
- In the Embedded Signup Flow dialog box, log in to your Meta/FaceBook Business Manager.
- Click Continue if you are already logged in to your Business Manager in your browser. The system uses the same login credentials. You can also choose to log in using another FaceBook account. This login method allows Genesys to use information associated with your Meta and WhatsApp Business Accounts and connect them to Genesys Cloud. Note: Do not enter any information in the Phone Number, Name, or Certificate fields under the Facebook Login button. However, you have to enter your name and phone number after you complete the signup flow. The Certificate field is optional with Embedded Signup and disappears from the page once you complete the flow.
To select a Meta business account, perform the following steps:
- After you log in, click Get Started > Continue to connect your account to Genesys Cloud.
- Select an existing Meta Business Account from the drop-down.
- Choose the required option and create the new Meta business account from the drop-down.
If Meta rejects your business for any reason, the trial period ends with immediate effect. For this reason, Genesys advises to use the number for production traffic until the business is verified. If a business manager is verified already, the business still must pass other WhatsApp checks, such as display name, commerce policy, before they can send a high number of messages. Until these checks are complete, the business has access only to the unverified trial experience.
To select a WhatsApp business account and business profile, perform the following steps:
- If you are an existing embedded signup flow and created a WABA previously, select an existing WABA from the drop-down and create a new WhatsApp Business Profile. Note: You can only edit the Business Profile (phone profile) Display Name and not the WABA name.
- If you are using an embedded signup flow for the first time, create a new WhatsApp business account and business profile (your phone profile).
- In the Create a WhatsApp Business Profile page, complete the WABA and profile information. Note: See WhatsApp’s Display Name guidelines for information on the business profile display name guidelines to ensure that the business profile display name complies with WhatsApp Commerce Policy and WhatsApp Business Messaging Policy, represents your business, and is consistent with external branding, and has a clear relationship with your business.
To verify and register your phone number, perform the following steps:
- In the Phone Number field, enter your WhatsApp phone number.
- Choose a Verification method. If you choose to verify by phone call/voice method, the number cannot be behind an IVR system. If it is, then re-route voice calls temporarily to another mobile or landline number to receive the verification code. Note: You can only add and register one phone number at a time using the embedded signup flow. To register more than one number, you review the signup flow again and and create a new integration for each number. If you try to add a phone number that is already registered with a WhatsApp Consumer or Business App, the following error message is displayed. See Migrate an Existing WhatsApp Number to a Business Account for instructions to delete your account from the mobile app first, before you attempt to add the number and complete embedded signup.Note: Once the WhatsApp phone number verification activates billing in Genesys Cloud, you will immediately begin to incur the monthly recurring fee for your WhatsApp integration. If you are not ready to incur the monthly fee for Genesys Cloud for WhatsApp, you need not complete the verification for the number profile you are adding to your WABA.
- Once your number is added, enter the 6-digit verification code you received via SMS or voice.
- Click Next.
- After you complete verification, click Finish.
This completes the embedded signup flow.
To complete setting up the WhatsApp integration, perform the following steps:
- In the Phone Number box, using the E.164 format, enter the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account (+ sign and full number with country and area code, without any other characters or whitespaces).
- In the Name box, type a name you want to assign to your WhatsApp Messenger integration.
- Click Create Integration.
Your WhatsApp integration switches to Active status in the integrations list once it is saved successfully. Configure your inbound message routing to ensure that interactions can reach your agents. For more information on inbound message routing, see Manage an inbound message route.
Once the status of WhatsApp integration is active, you can optionally update your WhatsApp Messenger configuration by selecting a supported content profile. For more information on supported profiles, see Supported content profiles. If you do not select a supported content profile, the integration uses your organization’s default content profile. To select a supported content profile, perform the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- In the Platforms list view, select the WhatsApp Messenger platform.
- Click Configure.
- In the Supported Content box, select a profile.
- Click Save.