Work with co-browse for web messaging sessions
- Conversation > Cobrowse > Add permission
A co-browse session is an addition to an interaction that allows you to simultaneously browse a webpage with the user that you are interacting with. With co-browse, you can more quickly answer questions users have about a webpage or help sharers complete a process. If the sharer gives permission, then you can also take control of the screen to help the sharer navigate or complete a form.
Co-browse sessions have a sharer and one viewer:
- Sharer: The user who shares their screen, usually a customer.
- Viewer: The user who sees the shared screen, usually an agent. An agent can run one co-browse session at a time.
Co-browse gives both the sharer and the viewer more tools for communication:
- When the viewer or the sharer click anywhere on the page, co-browse marks the place that the user clicked with a colored circle graphic.
- The viewer can request control of the page. For example, an agent can ask for control to fill out part of a form themselves.
- Both the sharer and viewer can add drawing annotations, which Genesys Cloud displays to both users.
- Administrators can configure the shared page so that any sensitive information on the sharer’s side is not displayed to the viewer.
- In the existing web messaging conversation, click the following icon within your agent toolbar. A message appears in the sharer’s messenger requesting that they share their browser.
- Ask the sharer to click Accept.
After the sharer accepts the request, Genesys Cloud creates a co-browse session between you and the sharer. You can now see the sharer’s browser.
You can view a co-browse session in fullscreen mode, which helps you more easily see the shared page.
- To enter full-screen mode, click Fullscreen.
- To exit full-screen mode, click Exit fullscreen.
When you have control of the page, you can complete the following actions:
- Type in text fields on the sharer’s page.
- Select check boxes and other form fields.
- Advance to the next screen.
- Click Request Control Genesys Cloud sends the sharer a message that asks the sharer to allow the request:
- Wait for the sharer to allow the request.
Click Release control. Genesys Cloud returns you to view only mode.
- Click the Draw icon.
- Draw on the viewer panel where you would like to bring the user’s attention. The sharer can view your drawings immediately.
To resize the viewer by percentage, drag the slider.
To resize the viewer so that the sharer’s screen fits inside your viewer, select Resize to Fit.
To end a co-browse session, click Stop Sharing. Ending a session does not end the associated interaction.