Customer VM Solution Edge hardware/software requirements
In order to run a Customer VM Solution Edge, your host server must meet these hardware and software requirements.
The host server must have:
- At least 16 GB RAM (8 GB for the host and 8 GB for the Edge VM)
- At least eight dedicated CPU cores
- A large hard disk capable of supporting a VM of 200GB
The host server must be running Windows Server 2012 R2 (non-Core) with the most recent version of Hyper-V. You must also have a separate Windows Server 2012 R2 license key for the VM.
The host server should have the following installed:
- Customer VM Solution image (~6 GB compressed .vhd)
- Customer VM Solution installer (~70 KB .exe)
- Pairing token (text file .json)
- Only one network adapter is allowed on a VM Edge.
- You must have a dedicated physical host server for a VM Edge. You cannot run any other software on the physical host server.
- For a production environment where optimal audio quality is expected, be sure to have at least eight dedicated cores.
- For development or testing purposes where audio quality is not required, you can get by with two dedicated cores – you can install a VM Edge with an optional parameter to bypass some of the minimum requirements. For more information, see Install a VM Edge with an override parameter.
- Contact your Genesys Cloud sales representative for sizing guidelines.