Use Skype for Business in Genesys Cloud
- Integrations > SkypePremiumApp > View permission (included in the Skype For Business User role)
- A Microsoft Office 365 Skype for Business license
The Skype for Business app allows you to chat with Microsoft Office 365 Skype for Business users from within the Genesys Cloud application. You can search for your Skype contacts, see their presence, and chat one-to-one, all from inside the Genesys Cloud interface.
To use Skype in Genesys Cloud
- Click Apps.
- From the Apps group, select Skype for Business. Note: If you already have the appropriate Microsoft license and permissions, you can ignore this link:
- Click Login to Skype and provide your Skype login information.
The Skype for Business search box and roster appears.
- To find a Skype contact, in the Start a conversation box type the contact’s Skype name or email address and then choose the desired contact from the list.
Note: If multiple Skype clients are open at the same time, the Skype for Business app may not receive all Skype chat messages. Genesys Cloud recommends that Skype for Business app users close all other Skype clients in order for the Skype for Business app to receive Skype messages.
To call a Skype contact, click the phone icon below the Skype contact. Genesys Cloud will initiate a call through your station to the phone number stored by Office 365 for the Skype Contact you are calling.
The number to dial is retrieved from the recipient’s Microsoft Office 365/Skype profile. If a telephone number cannot be retrieved, the phone icon is disabled.