Set PureCloud sound level preferences
In PureCloud Sound preferences, you can test and adjust the following volume levels for your audio input and output devices:
- Call volume
- Phone ringer volume
- Chat notification volume
- Interaction notifications volume
You can also set advanced microphone settings in PureCloud sound preferences. To access PureCloud Sound Preferences, follow these steps:
- From the sidebar, click Calls.The Calls panel appears.
- Click , and the Phone Settings window appears.
- Click Device Volumes. The Sound Preferences Window appears:Note: You can also access Sound Preferences in User settings.
To change device volumes, follow these steps:
- From the device list, select the device you want to adjust.
- Move the slider to adjust the volume levels for these settings:
- Call Volume: The volume level for the incoming voice on a WebRTC call.
- Phone Ringer Volume: The volume level for incoming phone call alerts.
- Chat Notification Volume: The volume level for incoming chat alerts.
- Interaction Notification Volume: The volume level for agents’ incoming interaction alerts.
- To test the volume levels for each setting, click .
PureCloud’s microphone sound processing provides the best audio experience for most environments. In some environments, you may improve the audio experience by disabling some or all of the microphone sound processing.
To change advanced microphone settings, follow these steps:
- Click Advanced Mic Settings. The panel expands to show the advanced microphone settings.
- Disable or enable the following settings:
- Automatic Mic Gain controls microphone volume levels. Disable this option if you experience microphone volume fluctuation.
- Echo Cancellation removes from the microphone signal sound that comes through your speakers. If you do not use speakers, this option has no effect on your sound quality.
- Noise Suppression removes background noise. In some situations, the microphone may be unable to separate your voice from the noises around you. Try to position your microphone closer to your mouth and speak louder before you disable this option.