Set up ACD messaging for WhatsApp
Before you can configure ACD messaging for WhatsApp in PureCloud, make sure to contact your designated Genesys Advisor or email Genesys.Advisor@genesys.com to start the process. Your Genesys Advisor works directly with WhatsApp on your behalf to coordinate the approval process of applying for your business to use the WhatsApp Business platform.
Check the status of your WhatsApp integration
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- Check the Status column of your WhatsApp integration.
- If the status of your WhatsApp integration is Pending, it is not yet ready to set up. Check back later.
- If the status of your WhatsApp integration is Incomplete, it is ready to set up.Note: When the WhatsApp integration status is Incomplete, you must complete the setup within seven calendar days. Contact PureCloud Care if your incomplete integration has expired.
Set up your WhatsApp integration
- You have been approved by WhatsApp.
- Your certificate is valid.
If you complete the procedure, realize that you are missing required information, and then immediately delete your WhatsApp integration, you may be charged for an entire month.
- Click Finish Setup.
- You see your phone number and receive a prompt to select the method that you want to use to receive your validation code. Click either Send SMS or Voice.
- If you choose Voice activation and your phone number routes to an IVR, you must temporarily reroute the number directly to a person so the activation code can be received.
- Retrieve the validation code sent to your phone number by the method you chose.
- Type the code in the Enter the validation code box and click OK.
- In a few minutes, you see that the Status of your WhatsApp integration is Active.