Purchase SMS numbers
- PureCloud 3 license
- SMS > phoneNumber > All permission
To use the SMS features in PureCloud, you must first purchase a dedicated number that your agents use to send and receive SMS messages. The SMS Number Inventory page offers the capability to purchase numbers and also provides you with inventory of your numbers.
For more information, see SMS pricing.
To purchase an SMS number, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click SMS Number Inventory.
- When the SMS Number Inventory page appears, click Purchase in the upper right corner.
- When the purchase form appears, fill in the appropriate boxes to search for the number to purchase.
Select the type of number for your SMS messages. Options are:
|Country||Select the country in which you use the SMS number.|
|Area Code||Enter the area code of the number to purchase.|
|Region||Enter two characters that identify the region, province, or state in which to use the SMS number.|
|City||Enter the name city in which to use the SMS number.|
Enter any specific numbers or letters you want your SMS number to have. (You must enter at least two characters.) Then, select how you would like the numbers/letters to appear in your SMS number. Options are:
- To view the available numbers on the search results page, click Search. At the top of the search results page, a synopsis appears of your search criteria along with a total of the numbers found. Two commands also appear:
- To return to the purchase form and modify your search criteria, click Change.
- To refresh the display of available numbers, click Fetch new results.
- Choose how to proceed with the purchase:
- To purchase more than one number, select the check box next to each number and at the bottom of the first column click Buy Selected.
- To purchase a single number, at the end of the row for that number click Buy Now.
- When the Confirm Number Purchase dialog appears, click Buy.
If the number you select is in a country that requires an address to make a purchase, the Address Information Needed form appears. You can use an existing address or you can create a new one.
If you have previously purchased a number that requires an address and have already filled in an address, PureCloud stores that address:
- Select Use Existing Address.
- From the Select Address list, choose your address.
- Click Buy Now.
If you have never purchased a number that that requires an address, fill in the address form:
Note: You must enter a valid two-character ISO country code in the Country Code box. If you are not sure what your ISO country code is, you can see the full list on the International Organization for Standardization website’s Online Browsing Platform.
- Select Create New Address.
- Complete all boxes in the address form.
- Click Buy Now.
- Once the purchase completes successfully, the number appears in your SMS number inventory.
For more information, see Manage your SMS number inventory.