Monitor in-progress interactions
The following permissions:
- Conversation > Call > Monitor
- Conversation > Call > Add
- Permissions for the Interactions view, Queues Activity views, or Agents Performance views
Monitoring allows you to listen to an interaction that is in progress without disturbing the agent and customer’s conversation. To listen to in-progress interactions, monitor them.
- From any of the following views, click an in-progress interaction:
- From the interaction’s detail page, you can monitor the agent or the customer.
- To monitor an agent, click Internal Monitor.
- To monitor a customer, click External Monitor.
- Genesys Cloud connects your phone to the interaction. Answer your phone and listen to the interaction.
Which participant should I monitor?
You can choose to monitor either the internal or external participant. When a call is in progress, you can hear both. However, when the agent places the call on hold or transfers the call, you hear only the participant that you monitor.
The following table shows which participant you hear in those scenarios:
|Monitor Internal Participant||Both||Agent (Internal)||Agent (Internal)|
|Monitor External Participant||Both||Customer (External)||Customer (External) and new agent|
- You cannot monitor and participate in a call at the same time.
- Genesys Cloud does not notify the agent or customer that you are monitoring them.
- In the interaction’s details, users who monitor an interaction appear as an Internal Participant with beside their user name.
- To monitor a call, a user’s status must be set to Available.