Monitor in-progress interactions
Monitoring allows you to listen to an interaction that is in progress without disturbing the agent and customer’s conversation. To listen to in-progress interactions, monitor them.
- From any of the following views, click an in-progress interaction:
- From the interaction’s detail page, click Monitor. PureCloud connects your phone to the interaction.
- To monitor an agent, click Monitor under Internal Participant.
- To monitor a customer, click Monitor under External Participant.
- Answer your phone and listen to the interaction.
Which participant should I monitor?
You can choose to monitor either the internal or external participant. When a call is in progress, you can hear both. However, when the agent places the call on hold or transfers the call, you hear only the participant that you monitor.
The following table shows which participant you hear in those scenarios:
|Monitor Internal Participant||Both||Agent (Internal)||Agent (Internal)|
|Monitor External Participant||Both||Customer (External)||Customer (External) and new agent|
- You cannot monitor and participate in a call at the same time.
- PureCloud does not notify the agent or customer that you are monitoring them.
- In the interaction’s details, users who monitor an interaction appear as an Internal Participant with beside their user name.