Migrate interaction flows for the data actions integrations
The older data dip connectors use a Bridge Server and reference bridge actions in Architect flows. The new data actions integrations (Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, Zendesk, and web services) replace these data dip connectors. Because the data actions integrations do not use Bridge Servers, they reference data actions, not bridge actions, in flows.
Bridge actions continue to work (if you maintain an active Bridge Server). However, Genesys recommends that you migrate your Architect flows from bridge actions to data actions.
Migration results in the following benefits:
- Streamlined administration.
- Fuller functionality.
- Freedom from Bridge Servers.
- Faster response time.
You can manually migrate your existing flows from bridge actions to data actions without losing the flow or the variables in the flow.
- In Architect, open a flow that uses bridge actions.
- From the task editor Toolbar, expand the Data category and drag a Call Data Action to the Success path of the existing Call Bridge Action.
- From the Category list, select the Category for the Call Data Action.
- From the Data Action list, select the Data Action for the Call Data Action.
- Copy all variables from the Call Bridge Action to the Call Data Action.
For example, for an inbound call flow that uses GetContactByPhoneNumber, copy the variable in the PHONE_NUMBER box under Inputs for the Call Bridge Action. Paste the variable into the same field for the Call Data Action.
- Move the components beneath the Success, Failure, and Timeout paths of the existing Call Bridge Action to the Call Data Action.
- Move the Call Data Action above the Call Bridge Action.
- Delete the Call Bridge Action.
- Repeat step 2 through 8 for all other Call Bridge Action components.
- Click Save, click Validate, and click Publish.
Your interaction flow is ready to use.
For more information about using data actions, see Use data actions for integrations.