Enable line recording
External trunk configuration
By default Line Recording is disabled, which means that calls will never be recorded.
In order to be able to record voice calls for inbound and outbound, you need to enable and configure line recording on the trunk that is hosting the calls. Once you enable line recording, all calls will automatically be recorded. You can use recording policies to disable recording, as well as to configure when to save or delete recordings, but you can only enable recording at the trunk level.
It is important to take note of the Consent Required setting when enabling line recording. By default, the Consent Required setting is disabled, which means that all calls will be recorded. If you enable the Consent Required setting, calls will only be recorded if the customer agrees (gives consent) to be recorded. For more information, see Enable Participant Recording action.
To enable line recording:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- From the list, select the trunk you want to configure.
- Under External Trunk Configuration, click Media.
- Under Recording configure the following:
- Set the Line Recording switch to Enabled.
- From the Audio Format drop down, select the audio format that you want to use for the recordings.
- If you want to record both sides of the conversation separately, set the Dual Channel switch to Enabled.
- If you want to level the volume on both sides of the conversations, set the Automatic Level Control switch to Enabled.
- If you want the recording to continue on an external transfer, set the Continue on External Transfer switch to Enabled.
- Set the Consent Required switch to Enabled.
- Click Save External Trunk.