Set up a VM Edge
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
- Click Admin > Telephony > Edges.
- Click Provision New Edge.
- Enter a name in the Edge Name box.
- Click BYOC Premises – Customer VM Solution.
- Click Provision Edge.
- Click Download Setup Package to download the pairing token .json file. The file contains the pairing URL, Edge ID, Org ID, and other information.
Note: If you have already downloaded the Customer VM Solution image and installation script, you can ignore the Download software link.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Go to the location where you downloaded the installer.
- Type the full file name of the installer and press Enter. The installer displays installation details and prompts you to continue.
- The installer checks for recommended prerequisites.
- If the prerequisites are met, the installer prompts you to continue. Continue with the next step.
- If the prerequisites are not met, the installer automatically exits.
Note: If you do not have the prerequisites, and if you are installing in a development or test environment only, you can complete the installation with an override parameter.
- Type y and press Enter.
- Type the virtual machine (VM) name and press Enter.
- Retype the VM name and press Enter. The installer displays the available NICs with an index number for each one.
- Type the ifIndex number of the NIC that is dedicated for use with the VM Edge and press Enter. The installer prompts for a valid Windows Server 2012 R2 license key.
- Do you have a valid license key?
- If yes, type it and press Enter.
- If no, you can use a 30-day evaluation copy. To use this option, press Enter.
Note: If you enter an invalid license key, you see no feedback until you create the VM and try to run it. Then, the VM fails and you must delete and rebuild it.
- Use a file selection window to select the image file (.vhd) that you downloaded.
- Use a file selection window to select the pairing token file (.json) that you downloaded. The Command Prompt window indicates that the installation is ready to begin. The VM installation process takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Press Enter. The Command Prompt window displays the output progress.
When the installation is complete, the Hyper-V Console displays the running VM.
- Log in to the VM guest console.
- Set the administrator password.
Note: If there was a problem with the Windows license key or an error during the setup process, the VM guest console does not prompt you for password. In this case, delete the VM and recreate it.
- Log in to a VM Edge.
When you log in, the startup automation scripts complete the pairing process. This process takes about 2 minutes. The script then logs you off and restarts the virtual machine (VM). At this point, the VM is fully provisioned and operational.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Do not log back in to the VM to monitor or perform any system configuration or management tasks. The only reason to log back in is to set a static IP address.
- The NIC port that you selected is automatically renamed and marked as dedicated to the VM Edge. To see the renamed NIC port, on the host, open your Network Connections window.
After you install and configure your VM Edge, put it into service.
Note: You incur charges for a VM Edge on a monthly subscription basis. Your billing cycle for the VM Edge begins when you put it in service.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Edges.
- In the Edge Name column, select the check box next to your VM Edge.
- Click Put In-Service.