Create a custom tab in Salesforce
Create a custom tab for the Lightning component and add it in the Contact Center Lightning app. The tab displays the custom component of Genesys Cloud CX Admin Settings. The Contact Center Lightning app with the required objects and tools provides the setup to use Genesys Cloud with the Salesforce Service Cloud Voice contact center.
- In Salesforce, click Setup.
- Search for Tabs in the Quick Find Box and select Tabs.
- Click New.
- Under Lightning Component Tabs section, click New.
- Enter the following details for the Lightning component tab:
- Select genesysAdminComponent as the Lightning Component.
- Enter Genesys Service Cloud Settings as the Tab Label.
- Select a tab style to set a color scheme and icon for the tab.
- Click Next.
- Select the user profile to whom the tab must be available by default. Ensure that the tab must be available for the administrator who sets up the contact center in Salesforce.
- Click Save.
Add the custom tab to the Contact Center Lightning app
- From the App Launcher, search for Contact Center in the Quick Find Box and open the app.
- In the app navigation menu, click Edit.
- In the Edit Contact Center App Navigation Items window, click Add More Items.
- In the Add Items window, search for Genesys Service Cloud Settings and select the item.
- Click Add 1 Nav Item.
- Click Save.
The Lightning component appears as a navigation menu item in the Contact Center app.