Configure the Skype for Business integration
After you purchase a Skype for Business license, a PureCloud administrator must add, configure, and grant access to the Skype for Business PureCloud integration. Administrators should complete the tasks below in order.
- If you have not yet purchased a license to use this integration, contact your PureCloud sales representative for assistance.
- Integrations > Integration > All permission (included in the Master Admin role)
Add the integration
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Add Integration.
- In the Search box, type Skype.
- Locate the card titled Skype for Business PureCloud integration.
- Click Install. Details about the integration appear.
The Details tab of the Skype for Business Integration has a Permissions pane from which administrators manage access to this integration. A user must have the application permissions in order to use the app.
To use Skype for Business integration, grant users the Integration > skypePremiumApp > View permission. To assign this permission, use any of the following methods:
- Select the Skype for Business User role in the Permissions pane and assign users to it. It is a default PureCloud role, so it will already exist when you install the Skype for Business integration.
- Only roles that contain permissions for the app are listed. You can create a new role and assign the permission to it. Or, you can assign the permission to an existing role. For example, you might assign the permission to the Agent role that is already assigned to users in your organization.
- Assign the permission to individual users.
Configure and activate
Next, configure and activate the Skype for Business integration:
- From the Details tab, accept the default name (Skype for Business PureCloud integration) or type a different name.
- (Optional) Enter notes in the box provided.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- (Optional) Use the Group Filtering option to restrict access by requiring both the permission and membership in a group. Click Select Group. Only members of the groups you select will be able to view this integration. If you don’t select any groups, all users who have the required permission will see the integration. Note: The displaytype is set to widget by default and cannot be changed.
- Click Save.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click the toggle so that the integration is Active.
- Click Yes. In approximately 5 minutes, or after an application reload, the integration becomes available to users.