Configure the Bria phone
Genesys Cloud supports Bria phone models. However, it is important to keep in mind that Bria phone models are NOT compatible with Genesys Cloud Voice.
The following procedures explain how to set up the phone and how to set up Genesys Cloud to host the phone.
Download the Bria Phone to your computer
- If you need instructions or more detailed information about the Bria phone, check out Bria’s Technical Support page.
Launch the Bria Phone on your computer
- Click the Softphone tab at the top of the Bria Phone and select Account Settings.
- On the Account tab, configure the following settings:
- Account Name = Name the Phone
- User ID = Name the Phone
- This section is utilized when creating the phone in Genesys Cloud.
- Domain = Domain your computer lives on (Example: genesys.com)
- Password = Leave empty
- Display Name = Matches what you put in User ID
- Authorization Name = Matches what you put in User ID
- In the Domain Proxy panel, select the Register with domain and receive calls check box.
- For the Send Outbound via setting, select Proxy Address = IP.Address.Of.Edge:8060
- Example: If the computer that has the Bria phone is within the same LAN/WAN your Edges live within, you use the Internal IP address of the Edge.
- Example: If the computer that has the Bria phone is a remote user not on the same network or not utilizing a VPN to your WAN, you are required to connect to the Public IP Address of the Edge.
- In this case, you will also need to utilize a STUN Server > setting, which can be configured under the Topology Tab.
Configure the Bria base settings
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Phone Management.
- Click the Base Settings Tab.
- Click the Create New button.
- In the Base Settings Name box, enter a name such as Bria Settings.
- From the Phone Make and Model list, select Generic SIP Phone.
- Click the Save Base Settings button.
Create the Bria phone
- Click the Phones tab.
- Click Create New. The Phone tab appears.
- In the Phone Name field, type a name.
- From the Base Settings list, select the base settings configuration you created for the Bria phone.
- From the Site list, select the Site for the phone.
- Click Save Phone.
Configure line keys for the Bria phone
- Click the Line Keys tab.
- Enter a Line Appearance ID.
- Click Save Phone.