Series: Configure the Edge
Create an external SIP trunk
After you have set up and paired your Edge, you’ll need to configure it. In the first part of this series on configuring the Edge, you’ll create an external SIP trunk.
PureCloud recommends that you rely on the default external SIP trunk settings described in this article. However, if after you create a basic external SIP trunk, you find that you need more control based on the SIP requirements from your carrier, see Configure advanced external trunk settings.
If you need more information about any of the settings on the Create/Edit External Trunk page, see External trunk settings.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- Click Create New.
- In External Trunk Name, enter a trunk name.
- From the Type list, select External SIP. (Not required if the Type field does not appear.)
- To specify who you want to manage this external trunk, select one of the Managed By options.
- Confirm that the Trunk State switch is set to In-Service.
- Select the Protocol and Listen Port given to you by your SIP provider.
- Under Outbound - SIP Servers or Proxies, enter the IP address for your SIP server or intermediate proxy in the Hostname or IP Address field. Note: The trunk will automatically use the default inbound listen port . If you want to use different port, enter that number in the Port box.
- Click the + (plus) button.Note: IP addresses added to the SIP Servers or Proxies section automatically appear in the SIP Access Control Allow list.
- Leave Digest Authentication set to Disabled.
- Under Calling, configure how you want the caller ID to appear.
- In the Address box, enter the number that you want to appear as the caller ID for outbound calls. (Use the E.164 format which includes the plus sign (+) and the country code.)
- Select an Address Override Method:
- Always: Always use this number for the caller ID.
- Unassigned DID: Only use this number for the caller ID when no DID number is assigned to the user’s phone.
- In the Name box, enter the name that you want to appear in caller ID for outbound calls.
- Select a Name Override Method:
- Always: Always use this name for the caller ID.
- Unassigned DID: Only use this name when no name is assigned to the user’s phone.
- Leave the Availability switch set to Disabled.
- Leave the Registration switch set to Disabled.
- Under SIP Access Control:
- Confirm that the Use Source Address switch is set to Yes.
- Confirm that any IP addresses that were added to the SIP Servers or Proxies section appear in the Allow the Following Addresses list.
- Leave the Always Deny the Following Addresses blank.
- Leave the Allow All check box unselected.
- Click Save External Trunk.