Configure Active Directory custom attributes in Genesys Cloud
If you modified your Active Directory schema to include custom attributes, you can sync them to supported fields in your organization’s Genesys Cloud profile. See the custom attributes table in Active Director Connector external fields for a list of the readable fields in Active Directory.
Configure Active Directory
- Add your custom attributes to the Person and User classes if you have not done so already.
- Reboot the Active Directory server after making any Active Directory schema changes.
Configure Genesys Cloud
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Bridge.
- Click the Connectors tab.
- In the appropriate Active Directory Connector instance, click Edit Connector.
- Click the Connector Details tab.
- Under Credentials, configure the instance to use the Local or Domain Admin, or a user in the Domain Admin group. This step is necessary to sync the mapping changes that you make in Genesys Cloud back to the Active Directory server.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Field Mappings on the left side.
- Click Add Mapping to create a custom attribute mapping or click Edit to modify a custom attribute mapping.
- Under Active Directory Data, clear the User.Mail default value. The custom attributes that you added to your Active Directory schema appear in a drop-down list along with the other readable Active Directory fields.
- From the list, click a custom attribute that you want to map to Genesys Cloud.
- Under Genesys Cloud Data, click the down arrow. The Genesys Cloud profile fields appear in a drop-down list.
- Click the Genesys Cloud profile field that you want to map to the custom attribute.
- (Optional) Modify the Sync Rule.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 11 through 15 to map additional custom attributes.
- When you are finished with your mapping changes, click Save and Publish.